Thursday, January 06, 2005

Today I went and bought a new car, or at least signed a purchase order for one, ready to pick up in a couple of weeks' time. It's a 2003 Golf 1.6, silver, 5 door, CD changer... that's about all the technical spec I can remember! The engine's smaller than the one in my Beetle, so it felt bizarre at first, but it coped admirably with motorway speeds so should be fine running to and from Cheltenham. I didn't get the same buzz from driving it as I got from my Beetle, but it's a boring practical car so I can't expect it to be too exciting. I'm looking forward to having a 5-door again and a decent amount of boot space, but I will miss the curves of the Madmobile.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Caz will comment (unless this comment puts her off), so I won't (apart from commenting that I won't comment)...
...but computers, houses, cars; is there something you're not telling us?
Tom

Mad said...

And I've not even mentioned the diamond tiara or the world cruise... and the lottery people promised that they'd tell no-one! :-)

Caz said...

I'm not quite sure what Dr T is going on about ... All I can think is that it's about Silver VW Group cars .. the Fabia Estate (with it's VW engine & Audi mounts, and curvy back end) is still going strong and still love to put the foot down! It's even clean ... as I washed it at New Year (when it was very dirty).

Anonymous said...

Now you can have people taller than 5'8" in your back seat.

Anonymous said...

Charl: officially in mourning for the madmobile.
3 & 3/4 minute silence, anyone?

Caz said...

LOL on the 5'8" comment!

Dr T informs me that my comment should have been about boot space.... as I wanted lots hence the estate.