Sunday, January 26, 2003

Well - it's been an eventful weekend here on Planet Mad. Most important was that my 'pooter went on a trip to my brother's house, and has come back with all sorts of new bits'n'pieces, including a new operating system. It's no good asking for details though, coz I didn't quite understand what he was going on about - I just used the smile and nod technique. The main problem that I've found so far is that my landline modem isn't working anymore, so I'm spodding this at 9.6Kbps via my mobile phone... it's VERY slow, sob sob! Oh yes, and my bro managed to delete the entirety of ALL my emails - I'd been saving them away for the past three years, so I was probably due a clean-out, but it's also meant my address book going AWOL too. Please email me your addresses. If you want to, of course.

Having been denied computer-based time wasting, I've spent much of today tidying up. This has been quite a monumental task, but when a colleague dropped by this morning and exclaimed at great length over the artistic arrangement of the junk spread across my hallway I knew that I couldn't postpone it any longer. Harrumph. Still, he did go and buy me some Cold & Flu tablets later on, so he's forgiven - I've turned from Space Cadet to Snot Monster in the space of 24 hours, so the pills will come in very handy.

Other exciting news: hamster activity level has been very high, so Fatso has obviously not died yet. He (who is probably a she, according to one of my pupils today) even managed to climb out of the cage, into the box of hamster treats and was then very confused: too much food to get into pouches at one time, nowhere to hide the food, so instead (s)he decided to sit on it. An inspired decision, I thought. From Fatso's point of view, there was only one flaw in the plan: his bottom was not big enough to cover all of the food, so he perched precariously on the pile of chunky hamster treats until forcibly removed. Life's hard being a hamster on Planet Mad.

No comments: