Thursday, May 05, 2005

Didn't quite manage to get to bed before the election results started coming in, so I seem to be resigned to staying awake until even matchsticks fail to keep my eyelids open. To help me, I have a pot of tea, some hamster-smack to keep Fatso quiet, and a broadband connection. I might as well make use of my bandwidth to blog while electioneering: who says that tired women can't multi-task?!

Sunderland South got their result in first: no surprise there. That happened more than 30 minutes ago, so the commentators are trying hard to spin out this little tidbit, because every other consistuency is still counting and recounting and arguing over spoilt ballots. As a woman who once had to study psephology (I think that's how you spell it), it's interesting to note that some areas have had a turnout of 65 - 70%, which is heartening to know, provided they're not all faked postal votes. It all means that the couting's going to take much longer than usual, so the poor commentators are going to have to whitter on about bobbins for a wee while longer.

This is turning into a stream of semi-consciousness post, so I'll stop for the moment and drink more tea. Rock and roll.

No comments: