Friday, January 12, 2007

Late last night, or maybe early this morning, I was fast asleep in bed when My Cat jumped onto the bed. She landed on my head. This morning, I looked in the mirror and saw that I have been branded by her claws. I now have the Nike Swoosh across the bridge of my nose. If only I could work out a way to get sponsorship for it.

I've just been sitting out on the garden wall having a tin of sweetcorn for pre-lunch (in other words, the food that you eat while you decide what to have for lunch). The chickens all came running down the garden, very excited and doing their best aeroplane impressions (they hold their wings out horizontal to the ground but never manage to take off, mostly because of the effectiveness of Julia's chicken wrangling back at the beginning of the holidays, where we caught them and clipped their wings). It turns out that chickens like tinned sweetcorn. In fact, they love it. They even do tricks for it. Mind you, today was a two-egg day, so they've deserved it.

No comments: