Sunday, November 12, 2006

Our boiler stopped working this weekend. Rob noticed this when I was at Guides on Friday, and we've been freezing ever since. The electrical display control thingy has given up the ghost, which may just been a blown fuse but might be signalling the need for a new heating system. Whichever it is, let's hope that it's fixed quickly - we're off to the pub this evening in an attempt to find somewhere to sit without wearing four layers of clothing.

Yesterday was one of the biggest food challenges of recent months. My parents held a family lunch - three courses of big-portion-no-messing food - to mark their joint retirement. No sooner had the second pudding gone down (it would have been rude to refuse it) then we were back in the car to get back home, so I could go to a black tie dinner in the evening. Pate, lamb, chocolate mousse, cheese and port later and I was at least 10 inches bigger round the waist than I'd been at breakfast. Unsurprisingly, I've not been very hungry today.

5 comments:

Em said...

Boilers not working is a bit of a pain, I have found a nice big fleecy blanket on the sofa means you can be snuggly and warm without the boiler. It also means if you're in with those who do not need so much warmth!

Anonymous said...

We've had no proper heating at work for 3 weeks now.

Working at 10C is strangely productive.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Our heating only kicked in the other week... the benefits of an upstairs flat, the lack of dampness and rising heating! Ours isn't too bad, its just that we have some radiators covered up a bit due to lack of space for our stuff!

Anonymous said...

My gas usage in October was huge compared to September, the heating kicked in about the begining of October.

Double glazing has helped but Sarah is still cold!

My dad fixed my sisters heating, located the parts that needed fixing

Anonymous said...

... and saved her £1470