Tuesday, August 16, 2005

After a week of any camp, I feel the need to sleep for a month. This is particularly true of a SAGGA camp that involves both manual work knee-deep in mud and late nights laughing at others trying to Su-Doku through a drunken haze. The cricket went on at 10.20am yesterday (hurrah for wireless internet allowing in-bed cricketing) and I listened, read and slept for the entire day. I'd intended to get up before Rob got home from work but I failed. I felt much better for it.

Camp was good and it was great to catch up with friends. Some of the children have grown scarily quickly, but other things don't seem to have changed; old routines fitted like a glove, albeit a glove with something lumpy at the end of one finger that niggles but is too minor to bother about changing. It's not possible to pick highlights of the week - there was so much I enjoyed - but the photos are on flickr.

Today has been spent tidying up, trying to sort out camping things, laundry, paperwork and school things. There are two weeks left of this holiday: I've got a lot to organise before then.

No comments: