Thursday, June 09, 2005

I've just been given a CD of photos by a boy in my Silver Duke of Edinburgh group, and had to put the best onto flickr straight away. They're pictures from last month's expedition, and they're really made my day. Although I'm very fond of the shot of them all paddling through a stream, my favourite is the shot of this boy's group as they reach Kinder Scout's plateau: it's the expression of relief and achievement that makes it so special. I'm quite touched at how much they enjoyed it; if I'm not careful I'm going to blub. Bless.

1 comment:

Caz said...

Arrh good to see at least 1 essential DofE item there ... a frisbee. But were there any camping stools? The lads in my group took them on our Gold Expedition much to the amusement of the assessor (who we let use one of them when he visited).