Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursdays are normally fairly slack: a few lessons in the morning, lunch in the House, tutor group, perhaps a smattering of sport, and then some free time to catch up on marking, preparation and all the other assorted paperwork that accumluates during the week.

This morning was great: I managed to get a swathe of A-level mock papers marked, as well as finding time to sit in the staff room idly chatting about meaningless frippery. This afternoon is destined to be a bit more stressful. Although I've been made redundant from my netball session, I'm meant to be running Rainbows later, and then speaking in a staff-student debate this evening.

Rainbows will be interesting - last week's session was ready-planned for me, but this week I'm completely in charge. I'm thinking of doing something about friendship, but I'm going to have to do some thinking before 5pm!

The motion for the debate is "This house would spare the rod and spoil the child". My role is summation for the opposition. Given that I have attended the grand total of two debates, both times as a member of the audience, I'm slightly pooing myself. I've made after-dinner speeches to 250 people, I teach every day of the week, I have no fear about running a Scout wide game for 100, but I'm dreading this evening. Eeeek!

No comments: