Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The word I would use to describe life out there beyond the firmly-closed door of this flat: "windy". Not just "gusty", or "blustery", but full-on trying-to-knock-you-over windy. Earlier the word would have been "wet". Or "hurty". I've not known sleet like it - it looked like snow, it was as wet as a fresh kipper and it hurt like a million needle picks as it slid into my shoes and the neck of my jumper. Other words to describe today are "thought-provoking" and "stimulating" (about dyslexing, which is getting more fascinating by the week); and "jumpy-up-and-down exciting" (pertaining to my Amazon delivery).

Today's blog has been brought to you with the help of Roget's Thesaurus and the ACE Spelling Dictionary, which is the bestest book of words ever and was a part of the aforementioned amazon delivery. Hurrah!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have an ACE dictionary and have forgotten how to use it...