Monday, December 27, 2004

Back home from the olds, where food was eaten in plate-piling quantities and many books were read. It was nice to be away from school, but it's also nice to come home to my own space. I started moving out from my parents at 18, when I went off to university, and this Christmas - ten years later - I've finally managed it. I spent much of Boxing Day sorting through drawers, cupboards and shelves in an attempt to rationalise my belongings. Several things were thrown out; some were put into boxes for recycling; many more items ended up in my car and are now scattered across the floor of my flat. I managed to come home with more gubbins than I took. I'm sure that's not the way it's supposed to happen.

I have something of a storage crisis going on. I've now got to sort out my junk cupboard to make room for it all. Waah!

2 comments:

Simon said...

Whereas I've arrived home to find my wardrobes assembled and far too many bookshelves for the number of books.

Makes a change from the creaking two deep shelves I had at Nicola's.

Mad said...

I spent almost all day sorting out my junk cupboard and "rationalising" (ahem... throwing out!) all the thngs I'd kept in the hope that they would one day be useful. After all, you never know when 5 shoe boxs are going to come in handy! :-)

My cupboards are far clearer now, but I keep losing things that I put into new places!