Tuesday, December 14, 2004

At the end of term, each House writes a newsletter; normally this falls on the shoulders of the Housemaster/mistress, who is also trying to juggle end-of-term reports, House supper, checking up on illicit boozing and other such joyous tasks. This time, I volunteered to compile it: I thought it was about time my DTP skills came in handy. The finished product looks great - McGardeners' World - but I'm having to loiter suspiciously in the computer room while they all print out. This is taking a tad longer than expected because the A3-double-sided version is spannering up the print queue. I have expressed my profuse apologies to the entire room; and then sent it to print on another printer. Mua-ha-ha!

In other news: I played in a concert, and it was good; my GCSE class gave presentations, and they were good too.

This evening we're having a party in the House, where there will be mulled wine, mince pies, Christmas cake and other assorted seasonal goodies. The cakes from this weekend's epic baking session have already been earmarked as an offering to the God of Parties: he'd better bloody appreciate them, or I'm having them back and eating them myself!

No comments: