Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Looking back over your March/February posts (was looking for the posts on one of your experiments) and read up on your bluetooth dongle. I hate the word dongle.

That's a shame, for I am very fond of 'dongle' as a word. It's similar to 'dangle', but instead of dangling it's dongling, probably at great length. It's quite a useful gadget too, and it has a very cool blue flashing LED.

As a word, 'dongle' is similar to the non-words we were discussing during this evening's dyslexing, which are used to test a pupil's knowledge of phonics and sound blends. Whilst reading through the non-word test, I was horrified to note that 'scritch' is officially a non-word. I fear a more extensive list might wipe out half of my vocabulary!

1 comment:

Caz said...

I've always found the word 'dongle' amusing. My preferred Dongles are AutoCad Full version & AutoTrack (where you get to drive 737 planes around your local cul-de-sac/ road of choice with no harm done...