Wednesday, November 03, 2004

After two weeks eating like a woman condemned to death and facing her last meal, I decided on Sunday that is was time to go back to the blob-watch healthy eating regime. I was very good yesterday - lots of veg, a smattering of exercise, self-controlled in all I thought, said and did - but I sort of slipped today.

I've had a thin day today - my skirt felt far too big and I was complemented by a colleague. Despite this, I was good at resisting the chocolate biscuits at break; I took the smallest piece of pie at dinner; I even chose to buy an apple rather than chocolate during the break in my dyslexing this evening. Then I came home and it all went wrong.

The leeks were perfectly acceptable under the healthy regime, as were the onions, mushrooms and garlic. Even gently fried and mixed with cheese as a pancake filling, they would have been great. I'm not sure if it was the whole bottle of wine or the discovery of the jar of toffee sauce in the cupboard that caused my downfall. Either way, I've got a lot of healthy living to do in the next few days if I'm to make up for it all. Off to dream about jogging...

No comments: