Friday, August 06, 2004

I ran away last night to pretend to be young. I revved up the Madmobile and zoomed off to Cheltenham for a night out drinking, eating, dancing and general carousing with a bunch of students, some of whom were young enough to have been taught by me. The half-bottle of Southern Comfort went down a treat, and I wasn't arrested for imitating a small hippo on the dance-floor, so it was an all-round good night. This morning was a slightly different, hungover story, although it's always wonderful to wake up next to a man who's prepared to hug you, no matter how much your hair smells of nightclubs.

Tomorrow I head off to York, to Stuart and Lizzie's wedding (wedding number 5 of 6 this year). I then go oop north to stay with Mal in Newcastle, and - as if that weren't enough excitment in itself! - we're going up to Edinburgh to do cultured things like watching Ashley's musical and drinking lots of beer. On Friday, I head back home, frantically repack, then drive down south to Sunny Cornwall* for the weekend. It's likely to be quiet here, but that's not going to be an accurate reflection of my life. Have fun - I know I will!

* And if it's not sunny, I'll be suing it under the Trade Descriptions Act. That'll teach it!

No comments: