Sunday, February 02, 2003

What a day. I've spent a lot of time trying to organise my Guide district, and I expect that it's going to absorb a lot more time and energy before it's finally sorted and running as I want it. It's a small district (only 5 units) but it's not had a 'real' district commissioner for over a year, so there are all sorts of loose ends to sort out. Two out of the five units are having problems with their bank accounts, and I've spent a lot of today on the phone trying to find out exactly who's got which cheque book and the location of each set of accounts. My head hurts.

Mind you, I've also planned my half term (London, complete with le date chaud avec le bon Chris), done a couple of sets of marking, written all of my internal reports for the juniors, plus one set of internal reports for the sixth form, supported the school's First XI boys' hockey team in the county championship (we lost on penalties), did chapel, lunch and tea in the house, wrote to some people, spoke to my dad, sorted out some GaSCiT stuff and... um... something else. I think. To be honest, it hasn't felt like a particularly productive day, but when it's all written down it looks horribly impressive. And this was my day off. Is it any wonder that I'm single - after all, when would I find time to have a boyfriend?! ;-)

No comments: