Sunday, February 02, 2003

Philosophical alert - she's been thinking again! You can tell there's marking to be done on Planet Mad!!
The other day, whilst browsing in one of the CD shops in the bustling metropolis that is Burton-upon-Trent, I found myself feeling bereft that I had not recently induldged in one of my favourite pastimes, namely the purchasing of recorded music. When I lived in Darlington I practically lived in HMV, and now I don't get out much so I never have the chance to acquire new choons. Whilst pondering this thought, I then realised that I had been indulging, but in a new and (some might say) slightly less exciting way. After all, does buying CDs on Amazon count as really buying them? Consider it: you don't get to handle the boxes, to read the inserts, to wander round the shop with a selection of six CDs that are all eligible for the four for twenty squid offer trying to decide which ones to reject. You don't even have the pleasure of buying albums at random because you like the cover, only to discover when you get home that you've made a bloody good choice and are now the proud owner of a CD that will remain in your car's CD player for the next three months (as happened with Mr Scruff's Trouser Jazz). Mind you, the excitement of getting parcels does cancel some of this out, and I will therefore continue to flex my plastic in the direction of the internet late at night when I've drunk slightly too much to remember exactly what I ordered, if only to keep my postman in a job. (I'll let you know how the purchases turn out when they arrive!!)

On another tack:



I'm terza rima, and I talk and smile.
Where others lock their rhymes and thoughts away
I let mine out, and chatter all the while.

I'm rarely on my own - a wasted day
Is any day that's spent without a friend,
With nothing much to do or hear or say.

I like to be with people, and depend
On company for being entertained;
Which seems a good solution, in the end.
What Poetry Form Are You?

Apparently I would be a cywydd llosgyrnog if I wans't a terza rima. So there you go!!

No comments: