Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Well - three days (two and a half, to be pedantic!) of school done. I'm absolutely exhausted - the routine of early morning starts is killing me!! I slept for 2 hours last night before getting up and going to the pub. I'm obviously too old for this life!! On the other hand, I've been doing sex education with the first years (year 9) for a lot of today, and have designated willy to be the word of the day!! We started off with dirty words and what they actually mean (a bit of an eye-opener for some!) and progressed to girls' bits and boys' bits, and then onto relationships and crushes. It was all good fun, although I'm probably responsible for some of them now thinking that sex is summat to do with dodgy hand actions (a demonstration of why the clitoris brings pleasure, no less!!) Surreal, but they seemed to enjoy it and find it useful. This afternoon is roleplay (with the help of the GCSE and A level Theatre Studies group) which will be in mixed groups, rather than this morning's single-sex arrangement... potentially more trouble this afternoon... I'm not looking forward to it so much :-/

Another exciting thought - it's finally got warm enough to snow. Big sheep-sized flakes are falling from the sky as I sit and type...I only hope it sticks!! Hurrah for winter!!!!!!!! :-)

No comments: