Monday, January 13, 2003

My netball technique this afternoon was described as "rugby". On reflection, I do not feel that this is completely unjustified, as I a) slightly bent (ahem) the no-contact rule; and b) have played rugby more recently than I played netball (I played rugby twice at university, but was then frightened by the size of some of the forwards, so retired gracefully to the drinking games section of the Students' Union, whereas I was kicked out of the school netball team at the age of 9 because I was too vicious. 'Nuff said!!) However, 45 minutes of running round like a complete psycho means that I am wheezing like Darth Vader. It's at times like this that I consider getting fit, but then reality re-asserts itself, and I realise that fitness involves running, pain, injury, and - in extreme cases - lycra. I think not! Guess I'm just destined to be a slob!! :-)

No comments: