Monday, September 25, 2006

It was D of E expedition this weekend, which is the subject for another post at another time, including the (not as thrilling as it sounds) tale of late-night rescues from hillsides and roadsides. We got back here at 6ish, and I was talking to Rob in the kitchen when I noticed it:

Me: Eurm - what's that?
Rob: [innocent like] What?
Me: That's a chest freezer!
Rob: Oh, that, well...
Me: How long have you been planning this for?
Rob: A while.
Me: And were you going to tell me?
Rob: I was looking for an opportune time to install it
Me: An opportune time? In other words, waited for a weekend while I was away? I'll give you opportune!!

It's a good job that buying and installing kitchen appliances is all he does at such opportune times. Mind you, this time last year he'd come home with a ling, so obviously September is the Boy Rob's month for silly purchases!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with a chest freezer? I'd be glad to see one in my kitchen! See you can now use it for all the 'dirty hoe' gluts. Well that's the excuse my parents use to have a 13cu.ft. freezer in the garage!

Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with a freezer? Give the man domestic credit.