Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Holidays are such fun. I get to eat, drink, sleep and generally mooch around in a dressing gown all day, which manages to occupy my time quite nicely. Yesterday, however, Julia, Jerome and I headed to the hills, hired bikes and had a good 12-mile ride. My bum aches now.

Before then, we headed down to the big bright lights of Reading and London, where we went to various museums, gallaries, theatres and restaurants. We also did a survey of posh-shop food halls: I was disappointed by both Harrods and Fortnum & Mason, as there was nothing for sale there that we can't get in good local delis. In the end, we got to Borough Market and spent a very happy two hours walking, looking and eating: cheese; salami; bread; ostrich burgers; scallops; and Rob had an oyster. We bought an ostrich egg for Anthony (Rob's brother) which proved to be a good source of amusement at his Green Wing party on Friday night.

We're off digging this afternoon (compost to move, potatoes to put into soil, peas and the like to plant) and then I have a big pile of GCSE coursework to mark. I'm looking forward to that one!

No comments: