Sunday, February 05, 2006

Last night we went to Julia's for dinner, and ended up playing poker, complete with plastic chips and an instruction sheet. Either I've discovered a card game that I can actually play, or I had beginner's luck, but either way I got second place (beaten only by The Boy Wonder). We didn't play for money, but there was a prize each, with the first place player getting first choice of the wrapped presents... and my prize was a battenburg cake! Hurrah! Marzipanny-goodness!!

Today was spent mooching in the garden - I found a frog hibernating in the compost heap and pulled some weeds - and then spent the afternoon geeking, watching Hugh on DVD (pig in a day: porky goodness), and perusing ebay for bargins that I never knew I needed.

There's a week of school left before half-term, and I'm really ready for a break. Just a few reports to write, some lessons to teach, one more netball match, some essays to mark, and then I'll be able to sleep for a week. Not that I'm counting the days, of course...

No comments: