Monday, August 22, 2005

Cat naming...

The only drawback of our cats is that they are called Mandy and Maisy. Neither are cat names, but I suppose that I can live with Maisy. However, I never expected to have a cat called Mandy. Given that the cats are both 10, it's going to be a battle to change their names; I thought it might help if the new names at least rhymed. My initial attempt with Maisy was Lazy... but Mandy became Randy. Not so good, especially for a neutered adult.

We spent much of the weekend trying to think of alternatives that weren't Randy. Emma and Jenny suggested Ghandi, which we like, but does that mean that Maisie has to become Mahatma? Or another peace icon, such as Martin Luther King? It doesn't help that I can't remember which coloured cat is which: I might need to go back to the shelter and get photos of the beasties. I could then open it up to the collective intelligence of the blogworld... you're bound to have much better ideas than I've got!

1 comment:

thribble said...

The Clapham Grand used to have some dancers on stage. They may still have. However, they were called Mandy, Sandy, Shandy, Randy and Candy.