Friday, May 27, 2005

Speaking to people on my mobile recently has been punctuated with a hhhhssssssschchhhhhssssschchhhhhssssssssss sort of noise. Today, having got a last-minute pass-out from Rounders, I headed off in the Boringmobile to the bustling metropolis of Burtonibus On Trentorum and bought a new phone. The Boringmobile's heat-sensor-thingy was registering 28.5 (that's TWENTY. EIGHT. POINT. FIVE. Yikes.) and it was a tad chilly - I've still not worked out how to moderate the freezing effect of the air conditioning. The new phone, though, is whizziness personified. It's going to take a while to make it work, I suspect, but should have good pictures of this coming weekend to share on my return.

Tomorrow is 'ponce around in silly clothes and academic gown' day, a.k.a. speech day. If it's as hot as today, I'm considering going naked under my hood and gown - wearing anything more may lead to being baked alive. After the poncing is over, I'm running away to Cheltenham to help Wendy be young, and then the Boy Rob (as he's affectionately known in these parts, even by the girls in the House!) and I are off to sunny Devon to talk to mad dogs, read books, lounge about and attempt to catch crayfish. Hopefully the Boy Rob's attempt will be more successful than last time.

Until then, I've got an evening in which to tidy my flat, choose an appropriate poncing outfit, watch a couple of films, and get to grips with my new phone. Oh, and drink a couple of pints. Rock and roll.

Have a good bank holiday, one and all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try turning your car's thermostat to a number (say, '20') rather than just 'all the way down', which will probably run it continuously.