Thursday, March 10, 2005

Well, there's good nudes and bad nudes...*

I got in from school this afternoon and thought, "Blimey, the flat is hot today." I thought nothing of it, until I went out and came back in, and thought, "Blimey it's still hot. And it smells a bit garlicky. Bugger. Last night's snack-ette. Did I turn the oven off afterwards?!" The answer was no. Pants.

Watching Jamie's School Dinners with the kids in the House last night made me appreciate a) how good our food is here; and b) how balanced and grown-up our kids are when it comes to food, in particular veggimetables. Ours would protest if there *weren't* salad and veggies available!

Yesterday I received a letter from the car company, telling me that I owed just under £5,700 on the Madmobile, which of course I traded in 6 weeks ago. Snotty phone calls ensued to both finance company and to dealership (both told me to contact the other). There was also quite a panic about my credit rating, and therefore potential impact on mortgages and dream homes in the country... my chief concern was I may never be able to own chickens as a result of this debacle.

Today I drove to the dealership, and they sorted it out. Phew! Dreams of chickens, piggies and sheepies reinstated. Maybe with an allotment, or at least a garden big enough to have a veggimetable patch. And an Aga. Maybe my credit rating won't stretch that far after all. Hmmm.

Good teaching things have been happening too. Although I can't remember exactly *what* has been happening, there have been a number of occasions where I've thought, "I must blog about that". Now I'm in front of a computer screen that's not filled with reports, through, I've forgotten them all. Shame, really, as they comprised much of my good nudes.

One bit of good nude that I *can* remember is related to dyslexing - I got my first assignment back last week, and my tutor was impressed at how sensetively I had written about the issues (I think she was fooled by my outer yob and didn't see my inner caring-sharing-lovely-person). One of the victims pupils for my second assignment is a girl in the House, and I gave her an unfinished draft of the report I've written about her. She read through it with interest and - on giving it back to me - said with a beaming smile, "I'm impressed. I didn't think anyone would be able to write that much about me." I'm going to enjoy teaching her. :-)

Anyhow, off to do something constructive now, like roll up in the boy wonder's dressing gown (his is fleecy and soft, while mine is old and droopy), loll on the sofa and whitter on the phone. It's all because a mountain of reports are due in a few days' time, and I'm desperately seeking displacement activities! G'night.

Akshually, no nudes is bad news**

** Unless you're into life drawing. Or the manager of a lap-dancing club.

No comments: