Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's been an epic INSET day today - not one but two training courses! Far more exciting than teaching, although my brain cell has melted. Good job I have first lesson free tomorrow morning!

In other news, Fatso - who impressed me so much with his hamster-smack-addled swinging from the roof of his cage - is now in my not-so-good books. At some point in the last 24 hours, he learned how to open the door to his cage. If he balances on his wheel, puts his feet against the door and pushes hard, then the thing gives way beneath his weight and he's free to escape on the hunt for more hamster-smack. At the moment, a strategically placed clothes peg has stopped that little game, but even as I type, he's gnawing away at it. By tomorrow morning, I fully expect him to be roaming the flat. Pah - if having children is half as difficult and nerve-wracking as this, I'm going to remain childless! ;-)

Updated: Wednesday morning - The clothes peg is still in place, so unless he's Houdini, I won't have to spend the day crawling round the flat looking for the little fluff mountain. Hurrah!

No comments: