Thursday, February 03, 2005

An unexpected release from my netball commitments means that I've been able to spend this afternoon marking, tidying up and cooking. I have a colleague coming over for dinner to talk about Duke of Edinburgh, which is as much excuse as I need to get the pans out. I've making lasagne again (hurrah for tried and tested recipes!). I hardly cook during term time, unless I'm with Rob: it all feels very strange being by myself in the kitchen. Even without his help, I've managed to cut my thumb on Big Sharp Knife #2, and peel my thumbnail when I should have been sorting out butternut squash. Mind you, the wafty smell of garlic is making up for that - I feel hungry already! It's also been hard to resist the temptation to drink the remainder of the bottle of wine that was opened to add flavour to the lasagne... gah, I have such little willpower!

1 comment:

Simon said...

You have numbers for your sharp knives? I have a set and they all look the same to me, more or less.