Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Ian came round, I drank two cans of pepsi-max and am now totally hyper. I should be snuggling up in my duvet, but instead I'm wide-stary-eyed and starting to jitter. It's been that sort of an evening all round, in fact.

The Head presented his 5-year development plan at a staff meeting today, and I suspect that my P45 is already nestling in my pigeon-hole as a result of the question I asked about it. It was all about work/life balance - something that is already being addressed in state schools, although with varying degrees of success, I suspect - which has been more of a problem for us this term than previously. I think it's a real issue facing everyone today, even those who don't live at work or do daft jobs like teaching, but I suspect it's earned me a black mark or two. Hey ho.

After all excitement of the development plan, two Guiders turned up for a meeting that I'd arranged but had forgotten about (the same ol' story as usual). It's just a good job that I was at home!

I then wandered into the junior's common room to find them decorating their Christmas tree. "Ooh," I said. "I see you've put a fairy on top of the tree."
"Oh no, Miss, we put the tree up the fairy's bottom."
The mind boggles!

Last, but by no means least:

Not sure this a good incentive to carry on with your school work but pat on the head for your site's diversionary tactic - I got (just!) a distinction on my dissertation. Woo hoo! Now everyone: gizza phd funding!

That'll be Auntie Charl celebrating then: muchos congratulatos m'dear (and that's yer actual Spanish, y'know!)

Off now to make good use of my unexpected energy burst...

No comments: