Thursday, December 16, 2004

After a blissfully long lie-in and a manic but thankfully short-lived battle against the Christmas shoppers, I headed off to Stoke to visit Lesley, who looks like she's having triplets but apparently only has one sprog inside her. I told her son, David, that she couldn't finish her dinner because she ate an entire baby that was filling up her tummy; thankfully he's not the gullible sort and saw straight through my lies.

I bought Green Eggs and Ham for David's birthday, so we spent quite some time reading it together. This is the third Dr Seuss book that I've bought for him - he's now six - and his reading's getting better every time I see him. This time he read almost the entire book aloud without any help: I'm well impressed! His Christmas present is magnetic fridge poetry for young readers - lots of short words in big writing - so he can make stories up on Lesley's kitchen appliances. Why, I'm such an educationally-minded Auntie Mad.

This evening, I intend to do little more than pottering around my flat. Holidays are great.

No comments: