Thursday, December 02, 2004

20% of the ribena-berries were called Olivia, and another 20% were called Aleesha.

Bounciness factor: quite high until I did a teacher look, which deflated one or two of them. Pssssssshhhh...

Tears: one, but only because her mother insisted on helping her make her Christmas card. I solved the problem by telling her to stop crying in case she got snot on her card, unless she had glittery snot in which case she should just carry right on. Sometimes I suspect that I'm not as PC as I should be.

Glitter glue stuck to: cards, feathers, furry pom-poms, hands, sleeves, tables and - in one memorable incident, in which I couldn't help but laugh - a neck.

Moments of total and utter silence: one, when they were all mid-yoghurt. It was short, but very nice while it lasted.

Rainbows was followed by frantic flat tidying and then district meeting, which lasted all of 40 minutes. It was good. They approved of my Christmas celebration event and are talking about doing it again next year: from tiny acorns grow mighty oaks andall that sentimental whitter.

Now it's time to get changed out of my attractive blue uniform and second-best school trousers (jeans all covered in dog hair and/or liable to fall down if I bend over too far, therefore not appropriate for ribena-berry-sitting) and head off to the pub. Huzzah!

1 comment:

Caz said...

But where any of the Olivia's the personification of the Evil Olivia Resin figure?

Only 1 set of tears, that's good going .. still won't do the (now) Red Blobs. Hmm I think I must be rather un-PC too with my yellow blobs.

LOL at the glitter glue comments!

...can you let me know the secret to 40 min District meetings? ... ours seem to last ages!