Monday, November 01, 2004

The first day back at school after half-term is reaching its close. Although half-term was much needed, it's been nice being back at the chalk-face. I've had a good day, and I hope that it remains this way during the next two months.

The first week of half-term was spent in Greece on a Classics trip (my second of the year). I have been declared an honorary Classicist for my dedication to the subject; I still maintain that I'm not worthy enough, but it would be churlish indeed to refuse such a prestigious title! We spent three days looking at rubble - in Athens, Delphi and Ancient Olympia - then moved on to Tolon, a beach resort, to indulge in more rubble, sand, sea, boat trips, pedalo races and a "sandcastle on a Classical theme" competition. 'Twas grand.

Greece was followed straightaway by Guide holiday: thirteen girls aged 10 and 11, all camping virgins, who spent three days learning how to put up tents and cook for themselves. They managed to put up a mess tent with far less fuss than most adults would manage, so things are looking promising for next summer's camping!

After Guide camp I headed off to blustery Snowdonia with the Boy Wonder, returning via my parents' for dinner and his first offical 'meet the parentals' session. Luckily he's a tolerant bunny and survived with barely a mark on him.

The final excitement of the holiday was the arrival of Fatso III. I picked him up from my Fatso dealer on Friday, and he travelled home in a box on Saturday. He's big, fast, fat, fluffy-bottomed and ginger - I tried to photograph him but my phone cam's just not fast enough. I'll try again later, so you too can appreciate his cuteness at close quarters. Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? Is Fatso II no more? Did anyone crush him under a wardrobe?

F.