Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Confession: today I saw the ugliest woman in the world walking down the road, pushing a baby in a pushchair.

Ok, OK, I know that beauty is by no means the be all and end all; I know that she's probably a physics professor or a classicist or someone equally as intelligent; I'm aware that she's probably a virtuoso clarinettist or a world-class gymnast. I know that you are now thinking awful things about me because I'm commenting on her facial appearance.

Confession: it gets worse.

What makes it worse is what I thought when I saw her - "how on earth did she persuade someone to have sex with her so they could have a baby?!"

Pennance for my sins: writing about diagnosing dyslexia, for 45 minutes without a break, so it can be handed in at college this evening.

No comments: