Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Sometimes things don't quite work out as you plan them, but sometimes that's ok, and what you end up with is far better than the original scheme.

My holiday plans for this coming half-term have been very much like this. I have a week in Greece with school (looking at ruins and temples, I suspect, and mebbe the odd galss of ouzo too) and then three days on Guide camp/holiday (teaching the little darlings how to put up tents, in preparation for next summer's big camp). After all that excitement, the original plan was to escape to the country for a couple of days with the Boy Wodner. I was looking forward to sitting reading in front of an open fire, or mooching through autumnal woodland, kicking up leaves and getting back in touch with my inner-child, which has been sadly missing this term.

Some things just aren't meant to be.

I was phoned at lunchtime today by the lady at the holiday company to confess that there had been a double-booking and would I mind changing the dates if they lowered the price to make up for it? A few frantic phonecalls later and we re-arranged for a weekend just before Christmas, with a 50% discout to make it even better. Wooh!

No comments: