Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Pick-me-up suggestions flooding in:

Best pick me up is a TVR - Tequila, Vodka and Red Bull... Pinky
speed? wendy
I hear ginger biscuits are a good pick-me-up. Speaking of which, want to share the recipe? I need a good biscuit recipe to impress my colleagues. - Mal. :)


Me ma's basic cutter-biscuit recipe:
8 oz self-raising flour
5 oz butter or marg
4 oz sugar
1 egg
1 dessert spoon of golden syrup

(For ginger biscuits, replace 1 oz of flour with 1 oz of ground ginger; replace 1 oz flour with 1 oz cocoa for choccie biccies; and so on)

Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and the golden syrup, mix in the flour, roll out the dough then cut it into shapes. Place the biscuits on a baking tray in the oven at 200 deg C for about 10/15 minutes, loosen while soft, then cool on a wire rack. Eat.

Just checking your country code thingy still works... Back in the UK Friday. F.

That'll be Fraser, then, wending his way home from foreign climes. Welcome back!

Today is the first session of my dyslexia teacher course. Am very excited, but also very nervous: I hate the first day of college feeling.

3 comments:

Mal said...

Forgot to say thank you for posting this recipe - how rude of me! So... thanks! :) Then I lost the link (searching your site for "biscuit" returns nothing, bizarrely). Anyway, me thinks I could be trying it out soon (the recipe, not the search) in an attempt to make some "Ninja Biscuits" for my karate-kicking friends in their new house in York. Will report on degree of success... - Mal. :)

Mal said...

Tip: don't use 'spreadable' butters for these biscuits. The dough will remain sticky and unroll-outable, no matter how much flour you use. D'oh! So to speak. Well, it was either that or my egg was waaaay too big. :-/

Mal said...

Success! Did some plain and some chocolate. Plain ones were a bit... well... plain, so sandwiched them together with some vanilla-flavoured butter icing. Result! Choccy ones got a chocolate-flavoured filling. All went down very well. Thanks again. :)