Thursday, September 30, 2004

I feel calmer now. I was discovered weeping and wailing by my line manager, who hugged me and fed me strong hot chocolate, which was much appreciated. By "strong" I mean "practically liquid Diary Milk", so there goes any chance of healthy eating for today. (To be fair, pudding at lunch was jam roly-poly and custard, so I was probably well over my points allowance anyway. Hey ho)

The upshot of our discussion is that she's managed to find me some time off tomorrow so I can get some sense of personal space and equilibrium. I feel guilty that I won't be doing the things that I'm meant to be doing, but I reckon that I'll be worse than useless if I don't take some time out.

What a stupid situation to be in.

1 comment:

Mal said...

Don't worry about it, Mad. And certainly don't go feeling guilty. If things get on top of you (work things, not young men ;)), just tell people you're having bother. There's nowt worse than keeping it to yourself and trying to slog through it. People are almost always understanding and happy to help. And it takes such a weight off your shoulders.

Anyway, I hope things are looking up. And my regards to the dear, departed Fatso II. Adios, amigo.