Sunday, July 25, 2004

We made it to Italy with no complications, complete with all kids, luggage and instruments; we even managed to bring them all back, apart from an errant bass guitar that decided that it wanted to stay in Pisa. In between the journeys, the week was great: it was hot and sunny every day; the kids behaved; my colleagues proved to be fab company; we visited lots of very exciting places; and played some damn fine music. Although I had perhaps less sleep than is normally required, I've been able to make it up since. We got back late on Wednesday evening, so I spent a couple of days sleeping and tidying in preparation for The Boy Wonder*'s visit.

It's been a haven of domesticity: we've cooked nice healthy food; steam-cleaned the kitchen floor; trundled to B&Q; and slapped a good coat of paint onto the walls in my bathroom. No longer do I have to recoil in horror from shiny, snot-green surfaces that are streaked with purple hair dye. Instead, it's a calm magnolia sort of colour, as is some of the floor, a small area of the bath, and several clumps of my hair. I'm not sure what tomorrow has in store, but I suspect it won't quite be the grown-up-ness of this weekend. After all, I'm already reverting to type: I found this product in B&Q and it amused me greatly.



* As certain of my colleagues refer to my bloke. The bloke in question is concerned that this will lead to you getting the wrong impression of him, and in particular that he will have a lot to live up to if he ever meets you, but I think he frets unnecessarily. Besides, a reputation like that will keep him on his toes!

No comments: