Tuesday, May 04, 2004

It all started at the end of last week, when I checked my mail at midnight and then discovered (at 7am the next morning) that I had 14 new emails from that box o'er there. On further investigation, I discovered that they were all from Tim, who'd obviously been having a late night spodding:

I'm very spoddy. See if you can work it out :)
Your name is only 3 letters. Even I can remember that.
I wonder if Fatso can spell Mad?

Well, I tried to get him typing but he couldn't get the hang of the mouse. Some time, when I have a spare few minutes, I'll get the pictures up here. And still he continues:

Having read Charl's comment, I wonder if there could be such thing as a cookery novel. Sort of like a story but with plenty of recipes slotted in.

Sadly it's already been done by several people. I'm sure I have many books with recipes in, although I'm not going to go and look them up now. However, Tim's spoddy project was the tweaking of my blog-comments-thingy so it tells me which country people are from. This came in useful with these two comments:

Cor, you were one of the rare people who got rain on the weekend.
Planet Mad welcomes visitors from the Netherlands?

Why indeed we do: all welcome here! And in my bestest Dutch: hallo. (And that's about where my knowledge of Dutch deserts me, although I can still remember the words for cyclist, car, tractor and pancake. Mrs J might be able to do better than I can). The rain was inconsequential, although still enough for me to whinge about! And finally:

How close do you have to be to the rumbling diesel generator for it to bring a smile to your face? Sat on top? ;-))) Aye aye! (Sorry... filthy mind!)

How rude! It'd be more likely to lull me to sleep: I always enjoyed napping in the lorry cab during my breaks from work because of the gentle massaging effect of the wobbly lorry. And before that's misinterpreted too, I'm off. Tarra!

No comments: