Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Wednesday is one of my overnight duty nights, where I have to do late-night patrols of the House, check everywhere is locked up and set the intruder alarms. Normally it's a real battle. After all, imagine what it's like trying to get a teenager into their bedroom by a certain time, to turn their lights out at a time which is inevitably far earlier than lights-out at home. Now multiply that by 60. Words cannot do justice to some of the battles of wills that take place over bedtimes. I normally reckon on doing a final check at about midnight.

Tonight, however, was a doddle: at 10.55pm, the common rooms were deserted, there was no audible noise, all of the lights were out. Easy life - maybe even an early night for me too!!

It just makes me worried that they're plotting something.

No comments: