Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Before disappearing off on my Christmas holiday jaunts I promised Ian, a colleague, that we would spend this last week of the holidays being 'normal' people: working 9 to 5, having lunch together in a designated lunch hour, going out to pubs n clubs at the weekend.

I'm beginning to regret this.

Admittedly I've done lots of preparation and have eaten more sensibly than normal, but I'm struggling with the 9am starts and I'm finding it hard to resist the lure of Private Eye/the newspaper/tidying up/the internet/wandering aimlessly/gazing out of the window. I've become addicted to the Secret Agent radio station, I've cleaned the top of my kitchen cupboards, I've procrastinated in nearly everywhichway possible. I guess I'm just not cut out for working in the mornings.

No comments: