Monday, August 25, 2003

Woman on other end of phone: Hello, Holiday Autos here. How can I help?
Me: I'm meant to be picking up a car at an airport in France tomorrow and I've not received a voucher via email.
WOOEOP: Ah. Let me take your booking reference. Right -I've got your details here. What seems to be the problem?
Me: I've had three Confirmation of Booking emails, but the e-voucher hasn't arrived.
WOOEOP: You don't need a voucher - just print out that email.
Me: [reading directly from email on computer screen] The email says "Your e-voucher will be delivered to your email address in the next few hours. The voucher will give you full details of where to collect your car and must be taken with you as proof of purchase. Please note that this email cannot be used in place of your voucher."
WOOEOP: Oh. Let me check with my manager.
[muzak and annoying woman. Mad looks disgruntled]
WOOEOP: Hello again. I've checked with my manager and he seemed to think that you don't need a voucher. To make sure,I'm going to fax your email confirmation letter to the supplier at Tours airport. Is that OK?
Me: I hope so.
WOOEOP: I know it can be confusing when you're doing this... thank you for calling.

Mad hangs up phone, shaking her head in bemusement and in anger at being patronised. Harrumph.

No comments: