Monday, July 07, 2003

I've finally made it out of bed. Not, you understand, that I've been entirely asleep until now - in fact, I first woke at 9 when the sexy postman delivered this month's copy of Trail magazine. I lay in bed and read it from cover to cover, but then felt a tad sleepy again so had another nap. I then re-woke, read all of the Terry Pratchett book I randomly selected last night,* and then snoozed again. See - quite a morning of action... for my eyes, at least.

In other news today, Fatso's latest game is creating ancient earthworks and burial mounds from his bedding. Today we have a long ridge down the centre of his cage, and a fine veneer of sawdust covering a 1 metre radius. I like to think that it's because he's an educated chappy trying to re-enact historic moments. I just worry about the day when he decides to progress from the architecture of the Iron Age to the major constructions of the Roman Empire. After all, there's not exactly much room for him to build an aquaduct or even a humble hypocaust. The sooner BT get the telephone exchange here enabled for broadband the better - I've got to get the HamCam up and running!

* random selection involves turning out all of the lights, staggering across to the shelf containing the aforementioned books, running my hands along the spines to check I'm not inadvertently causing reading disappointment by choosing from the Harry Potter books nestling on the same shelf. I then grab one at random, usually pulling 4 other books down on top of me at the same time, and - because this is all happening in total darkness - risk long-term damage to my bare feet in the process. It adds to the excitment, anyway.

No comments: