Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Firstly, I'd like to offer a hearty welcome to my thigh muscles, which have been sadly absent for some time but now make a happy return to Planet Mad, accompanied by an improvement in general fitness and some slightly dodgy tan lines (of which, more, possibly, later, if I can be bothered, and don't fall asleep dribbling into the keyboard first)

Supervising this weekend's Duke of Edinbugh expedition was very similar to supervising any other expedition in the history of expeditions - a bit of sun, a lot of rain, much waiting around for groups who "mislaid" the correct path, and plenty of kids failing to follow advice, such as packing their kit in plastic bags. Hence, Mad spends much of her Monday night watching girls dry their sleeping bags under the hand-drier in the ladies' toilet, knowing perfectly well that she has a warm, dry and comfy sleeping bag waiting in her tent. Mua-ha-ha! I was, however, lucky enough to be located in a most lovely campsite at the foot of Gordale Scar (near Malham in the Yorkshire Dales, for them wot knows their geography!) and was able to lie in bed looking out on countless geographical formations, which was far more exciting than my usual lying-in-bed view! I did a fair bit of walking too, yomping out over hill and dale, which gave me a perfect opportunity to think, day-dream and otherwise get my brain-cell in order, which may be dangerous. I'll keep you updated. Hmm. Actually, I might not - some things should be kept sacrosanct. That'll keep you guessing...

No comments: