Sunday, June 08, 2003

It's been a remarkably laid-back weekend, helped along by good company, nice food and some decent pints. I spent last night with Charlotte and Dave (from SSAGO) on their canal boat, then pootled back this morning, lounged this afternoon and am now contemplating curling up with my phone and a good book. Hot damn, my life really is thrill-a-minute!

Real excitement, however, comes on the hamster front. The original Fatso (who was uber-cute but died last summer after a tragic hit'n'run accident with a chest of drawers) used to create hours of entertainment by hanging upside down from the bars of his cage, in SAS-hamster stylee. Try as I might, I could never persuade Fatso #2 (the current mini-kiev-in-training) that he should do the same thing; no matter how much food I "accidentally" left on the top of the cage he would never swing himself up to liberate it. Now, however, he has seen the error of his ways and is - as I write - doing a credible "sloth on speed" impression. It's at times like this that I wish I had a web-cam and broadband to send real-time pictures from the HamsterCam. Instead, you'll just have to imagine it, but I assure you, it's bloody funny.

No comments: