Wednesday, June 04, 2003

The end of term approaches slowly, bobbing away on the horizon over there, and the end of term means reports. For every child. Normally, reports are written at 2am the night before the deadline, fuelled by chocolate ginger nuts and copious quantities of tea. This time, however, I decided that I'd try being organised instead. Admittedly, I missed the upper sixth deadline, but as I only teach 4 upper sixth I wasn't too distressed about that. The next deadline is Monday coming for O Block reports (which is year 11 in real speak, or 5th year in old money!) and I am very concerned for the simple reason that I've written them. All. I have a reputation to keep up, folks, and it's just been blown clean out of the water. How am I going to persuade people that I'm ineffective and unreliable now? Pah!

(It has to be said, though, that I feel good about it, and far less stressed than I usually do when writing reports, so perhaps it's no bad thing. Hmmm.)

No comments: