Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Am marking A-block exams to the accompaniment of Shirley Bassey, the goddess of big hair and big voices. The exam scripts are full of the subtleties which are an intrinsic part being a 14 or 15 year old: "if people come for interview and you don't like them you just say goodbye; you can dismiss them on their spelling and gramma (sic); you can interview them to check their punctuation" (although I think he meant "punctuality"!). It's a good job that I have such classic choons playing in the background to keep me sane. Unfortunately I'm also singing along (in typical Mad style, which is neither shy nor retiring by any stretch of the imagination) so poor Fatso is cowering in the corner with his paws over his ears. Just be thankful that this isn't an audio-blog!! :-)

Which brings me neatly to my next comment

Mad, are you in your prime? Miss Jean Broady certainly is!

It depends how one defines prime, I suspect; some of my pupils would assert that I am well past it.

No comments: