Thursday, May 08, 2003

This evening's post starts with this thought from Aims:

U have got a lot to write about

Actually, life is very busy, but blogging about marking gets tedious very quickly, and marking doesn't require me to turn my computer on. I have, however, got these snippets of joy to share with you:

Firstly, sitting with A block (year 10, or 4th year in old money) at lunch today, making polite conversation (as one does):
Boy: Miss, do you have a web page?
Me: [knowing that the inevitable is about to happen] Well, eurm, yes, as a matter of fact.
Boy: I thought so.
Me: [raising an eyebrow] Really. What gave you that idea?
Boy: I was doing some research for something to do with school and your name came up.
Me: Well, there you go.
Boy: I thought your site was very funny but I can't remember the address.
Me: [feigning sadness] Pity.

This proves that he has a lot to learn about funny/non-funny. It does, however, also explain his quizzical expression in class last week and his reference to my pink dress. All becomes clear...

Living in a boarding house, as I do, provides all sorts of entertaining moments. Wandering through the entrance hall today I overheard a boy tell a gaggle of 15 year old girls,"Well, at least he didn't catch you naked in your bedroom." Another ideal opportunity for the Emuss eyebrow to raise itself; I think I'm glad that I missed the start of the conversation!!

Last, but by no means least, I've sorted out my plans for exeat. Mark (my bestest mate from uni and now a computer geek) and I are heading back up to Durham to re-live our student days. I've not quite convinced him that nightclubbing in Klute is a good idea but I'm working on it... :-) Am very excited about getting back up north, albeit just for a couple of days - it's just not the same down here near the equator.

No comments: