Sunday, May 18, 2003

Things are much more balanced and in perspective now I've had a weekend away. My head of department was lovely when I spoke to him about the parent issue, but also this helpful advice found its way inward:

To combat irate parents: Get them to leave their address and post them a Mad action figure to keep them happy...

My only fear is that they might use the action figure as a voodoo doll...!!

The notorious pink dress got a double showing this weekend, firstly at a family friend's wedding, and then later the same evening at another friend's 30th birthday party. I had intended to change for the party, but the wedding speeches dragged on so long that I didn't have time to get into jeans and docs before leaping into the Madmobile and heading off to Cheltenham. My arrival was greeted with shocked looks and raised eyebrows: these people know me from SAGGA camp where I'm usually covered in mud... Jon summed up the crowd's opinion as he said, "Mad's got a pink dress. And legs. I've not seen either before!" Cheers! I had many pints, lots of lovely conversations, some great birthday cake and got to talk to some very cool people and cats, and am feeling much better about life. It doesn't help shift the pile of marking that's building up, but at least I feel able to smile again. Now, though, off to bed....

Zzzz....

No comments: