Sunday, May 11, 2003

Spent most of the weekend at a campsite near Cannock, carrying out planning for this summer's big event. It went well, and it all seems to be falling into place without too much stress. I promised myself that I wouldn't drink last night; that resolve lasted all the way to the pub, but somewhere between my Coke being ordered and it actually arriving, it magically transformed into a pint of Pedigree. Shucks.

The highlight of the weekend, though, was discovering that one of the Scouts from my patrol at GaSCiT 2000 is now a leader himself and is bringing his own Scouts this time round. Result: happy glowy feeling and a smiley Mad. However, I am also sleepy Mad - I woke this morning to bright sunlight shining on my tent. Listening to the birds singing cheerily in the trees, I decided it was obviously time to get up. I reached out of my cosy, warm sleeping bag and grabbed my clock. To my horror, I discovered it was 5.25am. Damn birds.

No comments: