Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Life is full of opportunities, of chances. Some you take; some you don't. Occasionally, you become refined and defined as a person by the opportunities you take, but generally it's more mundane than that. What people forget, sometimes, is that you can be defined too by the opportunities you DON'T take. Some you look back on with regret, but there are other times when rejecting an option is a positive move. This evening, for instance, I had the opportunity to leave the warmth and shelter of the British Legion and go home in the company of a certain bloke. I am filled with joy that I did not take that opportunity. But amused, also.

In a similar vein, I have a text conversation going on at the moment with my mate Heather:

Heather: Snog anyone at Wendy's party?
Me: Me? Snog someone? Surely some mistake?
Heather: Is that a polite way of saying that all of Wendy's friends are ugly?
Me: Not at all, just that I didn't have the courage to snog ANOTHER of Wendy's friends.
Heather: I'm sure Wendy wouldn't have minded.

Well - it's no good telling me that now. This information would have been very useful four days ago, but is absolutely diddly-squat use now. Ptcha!

Other news - confirmation of roughness:

Yep I can certainly agree that Mad was very rough the morning after the wedding! - Caz

I bet I wasn't the only one though...

And also - Charl has booked flights for us to go to France to do 5 days wine-tasting at the end of August. Woo hoo!! :-)

No comments: