Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I tidied up my classroom today and a colleague nearly fainted when he saw my desk - normally it's a sea of paper, but I excavated some of the original wood finish using a time-honoured filing technique called the bin. I also found two pay slips and my last phone bill, which is always useful. I think.

I ran a session this afternoon giving extra help to some of the GCSE pupils doing the Foundation paper this summer. We had sweets and drinks (to be more accurate, they provided the sweets and I consumed them, ho ho!!) and the radio played gently in the background. I'd like to think that they learnt summat useful from it, even though the atmosphere was rather more relaxed than usual; certainly they all got on with some good quality work during the hour and seemed to understand more when they left than they did when they arrived. It's been a day of real job satisfaction - something that's been a tad lacking these past two weeks. Off to do tea, orchestra and duty in the house, in that order...

No comments: