Sunday, April 06, 2003

Tomorrow sees the start of another term. I always like to start term in an organised fashion with a tidy desk, no outstanding marking, all lessons prepared thoroughly and worksheets photocopied in advance. Yeah, that's how I like it. It never actually happens like that though; at least, it hasn't in the past and I suspect that this one's going to be no different. This is entirely due to certain people who shall remain nameless (they know who they are) giving me alcohol. It's absolutely all their fault. I am the innocent party in all this, and I would like share my version of events before my good name is besmirched.

Well, I would, if I could remember what my version is. Maybe their versions will be somewhat more accurate than mine, so perhaps you had better hear their stories after all. In my defence, I have a theory that manic bouncing-round dancing (as demonstrated quite admirably in some nightclub somewhere in Cov but I have no idea where it is or how we got there) gets the alcohol into your bloodstream faster.

Alternatively, of course, it could just be that I am a lightweight, which, on reflection, is probably more likely. Ho hum.

No comments: